What exactly is Web Development? How is it different from a website?
Just about anyone can throw a page up on the web. Companies and individuals offering website creation are nearly as plentiful as the websites themselves. But true Web Development involves a look at the business or individual as a whole. We take into account not only what you want the site to LOOK like, but also what information you need to convey, how you will maintain the site, your goals for the site, and the types of people who will be viewing it to provide you with a great web presence.
How do you do business? What do you believe?
We are a Christian organization. We believe in honesty, trust, and responsibility. If we agree to take on a project for a client, we will do our very best to deliver the best quality of work and service we can. If problems arise, which does happen from time to time, we believe in prompt and straightforward communication with you to work out the issue. As such, we expect the same honest consideration and communication from our clients.
What is included in a “typical” website set up?
We design primarily with WordPress, and unless specifically requested/stated otherwise, that’s what all of our quotes include. A “typical” site doesn’t really exist, as each project is unique and different, but most sites will include the following (your project will detail specifically what is included when you receive your price quote):
- domain name and hosting setup
- WordPress installation and configuration, including plugins
- Theme installation and configuration, including customization
- Content setup and/or review
- Responsive design (optimized for mobile/tablets)
- Optimization of site for speed/loading time and SEO
You want to display your content and get your message out to customers; you don’t want to major in computer programming. WordPress makes it easy to update your content. WordPress is Open-Source software, meaning it’s completely free and supported by people around the world. Plugins and themes make it highly customizable and flexible, meaning you can have a unique and effective website easily.
What services do you offer?
We can provide a wide variety of Web Development services. For a complete updated list, please visit the Services page. If you have questions about a service or feature not covered here (or in the Services we do NOT offer below), please contact us directly and we’ll be happy to help.
What services do you NOT offer?
We can provide most development services you will need to get a new site created or provide a redesign for your current site. However, like anyone we have a few limitations:
- we provide basic SEO services (setup, optimization, initial submission to search engines). We do NOT offer advanced SEO services, such as increasing search engine rankings, article and listing submissions, etc. If you don’t know the difference, then what we can do for you is probably fine.
- we do not currently offer long-term maintenance of your site. Once the contract terms have been fulfilled and your project is complete, you will be responsible for future content changes and upkeep.
- we cannot currently offer manual translation services (we CAN tie into the Google Translation Service)
- we do not provide support for sites containing/displaying Adult content
Why should I pay you when “XYZ” can create me a website for free/$20/peanuts?
If you “just want a website”, then by all means, please go with a free solution. If, however, you’re looking for something that will actually enhance and improve your web presence, look professional to your customers, and provide a useful and functional tool for your business, then we are a better option. We provide personal services tailored to your specific needs. We listen to our clients and provide a custom solution that addresses your specific goals and requirements. We make sure you have all of the information and tools you need to maintain your site and keep the information current after our portion of the project is complete. And we do it all with a smile. 🙂